Breaking: American Toddler Dies To Rare Brain-Eating Amoeba

Photo by CDC on Unsplash

( – A 2-year-old boy, Woodrow Bundy has died from an infection that was caused by a rare brain-eating amoeba. His family is suspecting that the amoeba was contracted during their visit to Ash Springs, Nevada where they swam.

The little boy died on July 19. In a Facebook post that has been shared by both the family and their friends, it is noted that Woodrow had first started showing flu-like symptoms. That was when his mother Briana Bundy took him to the hospital. The doctors first determined that he had meningitis, however, it was later found out that the young boy had a brain-eating amoeba Naegleria fowleri infection.

Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba commonly found in warm fresh waters. This is why they are more common in ponds, rivers, hot springs, and sometimes lakes. Usually, they are able to climb into the body through the nose, and they can cause primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) , a condition with up to a 97 percent fatality rate.

In the last 6 decades, there have been 157 cases of the amoeba infecting people, however only four of those survived.  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data also showed that from 2013 to 2022 there were 29 cases, with most of them being cases of boys under the age of 14.

Medical epidemiologist Julia Haston revealed that the amoeba uses the olfactory nerve to travel from the nose to the brain. Once it reaches the brain it will start destroying brain tissue and could cause an infection which in most cases is fatal.

Copyright 2023,

Previous articleRamaswamy Warns What Will Happen If Trump Indicted
Next articleU.S. Pro-Athletes Smear America