Pence Locks Out Congress From Testimony
Former Vice President Mike Pence has said that the House Jan. 6 committee “has no right” to seek his testimony. This statement was made during an interview with CBS “Face the Nation” moderator Margaret Brennan. During the interview, he pointed out how he had been “concerned” to see that all the members of the committee had been appointed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
This is why Pence told Brennan that he would be “closing the door” on the possibility of testifying before the panel. He also noted that the “partisan nature” of the special committee in charge of investigating the Jan.6, 2021 attack on the Capitol had been a “disappointment” for him. He said that originally he had hoped this would be a chance to more thoroughly investigate what had happened, in the way that they had done in the 9/11 Commission. However, he said this opportunity had been lost.
The original efforts for a bipartisan committee to be formed had been blocked by the GOP in the Senate. Pelosi then started the select committee and rejected two Republican picks from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.). He then pulled the rest of his selections.
Pence has been a central figure in the public hearings as a lot of focus has been placed on Trump’s attempt to reject electors from certain states. He had also pressed for Pence to not certify the election results on Jan. 6.
Previously, Pence had said that if an invitation from the committee had come he would have considered it, but that is no longer the case.
Copyright 2022, FeaturedNews.com